MINI of Grand Rapids is putting together an event to attempt to break the Guinness Book World Record for the Largest Parade of MINIs
UPDATED INFORMATION 06/08/2013: Additinal timing and registration details from MotoringAlliance website. Details also copied below
UPDATE: 05/24/2013 The time for the Bridge crossing/record attempt is set at 10:30 am on Saturday August 3rd. Still looking into logistics of getting up there in time.
- Early registration for adults $25, children $10 *
- Early registration cut off is July 13th
- Registration after July 13th is $25 for adults, children $10 **
- Registration includes, bridge toll, lunch, venue, music festival, fireworks and MOTM antennae ball
- MINIs on the Mack T-Shirts for sale on registration site until July 13th
* May be raised to $25, Children price will stay at $10
** If early reg cost goes to $25 then late reg will be $30, again, no increase in Child reg cost
FRIDAY AUGUST 2nd
- Travel day
- Encourage people to arrive on Friday
- Pre-registration will be open at Little Bear Arena in St. Ignace
- Tour the area
- Mystery Spot
- Mackinac Island
- Castle Rock
- Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum at Whitefish Point
- Kewadin Casino
SATURDAY AUGUST 3rd
- Staging at the field begins at 8:00am
- Depart field at 10:00am
- Start crossing the Mackinac Bridge at 10:30am
- Parade route to Little Bear Arena for lunch and celebration
- Bayside Music Festival at 4pm (walking distance from Little Bear)
- 9pm Fireworks over Moran Bay
The registration website will be live on or about June 13, 2013 Watch M/A for details.
We are still waiting for official details, but club member Cliff has worked with the Bavarian Haus Inn to reserve a block of 20 rooms at a discount rate..
This hotel is located near the Mackinac bridge which is where we believe the event will end.
As individuals make reservations we will deduct these rooms from the room block. Any rooms not claimed from this block will be released on the cut-off date which in this case would be 7/12/13.
Reservations may be confirmed by club members with their individual credit cards. We do not charge reservations in advance and they may cancel without penalty up to 4PM on the day prior to arrival. Guests must call hotel directly at 800-732-9746. Reservations over the internet or through Travel Agents will not receive a group rate.
Our group would be $118.96 plus tax per night. This rate is for a lakefront room with two queen size beds and based on double occupancy. We also own the Americas Best Value Inn. Their group rate for the same type room but not lakefront would be $107.96 per night plus tax. August 3 is traditionally a very busy weekend. You may call us directly at 800-732-97456 for further info.
A parking lot full of MINI Coopers would be very cool